Welcome to Congressional Debate!
Student Congress is a primarily student-run event modeled after the United States Congress. Within a room of about 20 other competitors, student-written "bills" or "resolutions" are debated. These rooms are called "chambers" and each competitor is addressed with the title of "representative".
- You are allowed to have your legal pad as reference during the entire session
- After every speech there will be a mandatory questioning period of 1-2 minutes where others may question you on the content of your speech
- Each speech is AT MOST 3 minutes long with a 10 second grace period
- You may submit your own bill or resolution to debate a topic you care about
- At each tournament you and the members of your chamber choose which bills you wish to talk about as well as the order in which those bills will be debated